As any Nurse or Phlebotomist will attest, inserting and keeping an IV in a child can be a tricky thing. An active child moving around can cause the IV to pull or dislodge, creating pain, discomfort, and irritation for both child and caregiver alike. In most cases, to ensure the IV stays in place, the child’s hand will need to be wrapped with a large amount of wrap tape which can be traumatic to remove and can even cause injury or allergic reaction to the adhesive. The IV Glove is a genius solution that comfortably keeps the IV in place and is easy to view thanks to a transparent curved dome.
What is the IV Glove?
The IV Glove is a single-use and disposable adhesive-free IV securing system. It uses an FDA-registered anti-bacterial anti-microbial silicone glove that easily attaches to the patient’s hand. Our patented S-Clip mechanism secures the tube of the IV preventing movement. The transparent protective shield allows medical personnel to inspect the IV without disruption.
It is significantly more cost-efficient than other short-term peripheral IV replacements. Its passive and non-invasive system protects from accidental impacts and tampering reducing the risk of being accidentally dislodged.
KEY FEATURES OF THE IV GLOVE
- Equipped with a patented S-Clip mechanism that prevents movement or accidental dislodgment
- Will protect against light accidental impacts and linear strain
- Features a transparent protective shield that allows for medical personnel to inspect the IV unit without disturbing its position while offering protection from accidental tampering.
- Up to 90% of hospitalized patients will receive IV therapy during their stay.
- IV Glove can help prevent the failure rate of 35%-50%
- Significantly impact patient experience and satisfaction during the length of their stay
- Ideal for pediatrics and seniors
- Reduce costs arising from multiple attempts to properly insert catheters
- Recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2010) indicate peripheral IVs can remain in place for 96 hours or more, as long as they are functioning properly and the patient is not showing signs of infection
- Dislodgement of IV Catheters can cause interruption of patient care, and create lost time for caregivers and clinicians. IV-Glove can significantly reduce disruption and lost time from IV Catheter dislodgement and/or complications.
- IV Glove is made with a comfortable, breathable & anti-microbial silicone
- IV Glove has an easy-adjust strap for ensuring the proper fit for any size hand
Ready to try the FDA-registered IV Glove today? Contact us for more information and pricing!